Calling Artmonk Carpenters & Builders
We are thrilled to be hosting our first “Renovation Period” at Art Monastery Vermont. We are looking both for skilled volunteer carpenters and builders, as well as additional hands to help in the kitchen and garden.
During these two months, we will finish three bedrooms in the oldest part of the house (which used to be a general store in the early 1800s), winterize our screened-in porch, and transform an unfinished basement space into a bedroom and an art studio.
In addition to all these awesome projects, we will
- practice meditation and chant together each morning,
- indulge in delicious meals from our garden every day,
- opt-in for yoga classes,
- swim in the river,
- enjoy evening campfires,
- honor the full moon with ceremonies,
- gather for occasional artshares
- and luxuriate in the gorgeous New England fall colors.
We gladly offer
- a shared or private room in the house (private rooms on a first come, first served basis) room;
- three lovingly prepared meals per day, endless snacks, coffee and alcohol; and
- access to landline telephone and high-speed wifi.
We will work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.
We are deeply grateful for your craft, artistry, professional skill, and labor! Thank you for considering this gift of yourself to strengthen and expand the foundation of the Art Monastery. Your help makes the offerings of the Art Monastery available to more people.
We look forward to welcoming you into being an active part of our loving community.
- dates of availability and desired duration of stay
- description of previous work experience (max 3 paragraphs)
- description of any previous experience with communal living and/or spiritual practice (max 3 paragraphs)